Hi all!
Many of you have been checking the Peruvian website to view the informational video about the casa and I thank you for that. However, it will not be posted until this WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY, July 2nd or 3rd. It was televised nationally last evening and will not be posted until then. If possible, I will try to attach it to the blog when it is posted. I apologize for any confusion.
I am busy getting to work on my book to facilitate better eating and oral motor skills in the casa. I am aware that oral motor exercises might sound like a dirty term, but its not. They are actually used to improve weak articulators or muscles in the mouth and face for speech production. These muscles sometimes need strengthening, or need to have better coordination or range of motion. Improving these muscles can help a child make speech sounds better as well as help with the eating/feeding/swallowing problems some children have difficulty with (i.e. the lupes.)
I am quite concerned about one of the children specifically. He would benefit from a formal video swallow study due to the constant congestion in his lungs and very weak muscle strength and coordination, and lack of a gag reflex. Unfortunately, this town does not have the access to this sort of an x-ray, so I am doing what I can.
I will write an update soon along with some more pictures!
Much Love!
Lauren
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lauren - I'm so proud of you! how amazing. I can not wait to see that video! We missed you at Stevie this weekend, but, what can I say, you're off saving the world instead!! miss you much, stay safe, and I love the blog - keep us updated :)
Lauren~
Sounds like you are having a very rewarding experience. I am so happy for you. It must be a great feeling to have such a direct impact on all of these children! Keep the pictures coming...I love them. And I'll keep my eye out for the video. Since I'm the only idiot who doesn't know Spanish you will seem like a star to me! Love you! Can't wait for your return.
Love,
Cassie
i miss you. i was so excited to read all the updates when i got back from italy. Miss you can't wait to see you when you get back.
love you!!!
Post a Comment